Welcome to Keypoint Swindon Energy. We hope to create a Renewable Energy Centre (REC) at Keypoint Swindon. The proposal is to construct a gasification facility which could provide renewable energy to local businesses.
The proposal includes a gasification plant with equipment for energy recovery, the necessary associated site infrastructure, an industrial warehouse to be used for storage and distribution, new vehicular access and appropriate landscaping.
- A safe and clean way of generating renewable energy from treated household waste that cannot be practically recycled
- Energy in the form of heat and/or electricity could be used by nearby businesses, which will reduce their overheads, by cutting operating costs and helping them to flourish, supporting the local economy and jobs
- The cost of putting post-recyclable waste into the REC will be significantly cheaper than the current disposal routes which helps the Council to deploy funds for more beneficial uses
- The facility will reduce greenhouse gas emissions, compared to fossil fuel energy generation It will assist in combating the effects of climate change as a result, by providing an alternative to landfill
- The facility will provide secure source of energy and help the UK to meet its European and national targets for renewable generation
A proposal has been submitted for the construction and operation of a Renewable Energy Centre (REC) at Keypoint Swindon, to download the application click here or for further information contact email@example.com.
If you would like to receive our newsletters as they become available, please sign up here.